Hi, Marci Segal here. Welcome to my blog.
My purpose is to free people's thinking so they can create exciting new futures. I accomplish this through blogging, consulting, speaking and writing.
I'm a creativity professional, since 1984. My areas of expertise include creativity, innovation and psychological type with specific focus on people, methods, processes and environments that encourage openness to new ideas and new decisions.
I'm a graduate of the International Center for Studies in Creativity (MS in Creative Studies), have written books on creativity and personality type and have received numerous international awards.
In 2001, together with other Canadian creativity colleagues, I co-founded World Creativity and Innovation Week April 15 - 21 which is celebrated every year, now, in more than 40 countries. It's intention: To encourage and engage people all over the world to use their creativity to make the world a better place and to make their place in the world better too, without causing harm.
creativityland inc. is an innovation and creativity consulting and training company providing human dimensions of innovation and creative-thinking consulting services, training and products, methodology and related services, conference presentations and keynotes, as well as senior course designers, trainers, facilitators and consultants specializing in creative thinking and problem solving, innovation and personality styles.
Contact: marci at creativityland.net
Download our You are Creative...21st century thinking on creativity and innovation here.
- Why is creative imagination important?
- How so new ideas?
- 'Highly creative' professionals won't lose their jobs to robots, study finds
- How to make money from Facebook!
- How does your work advance civilization?
- Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award Call for Papers
- Is Conscientiousness Compatible with Creativity? | The Creativity Post
- Why no one gives new ideas when asked... Dilbert strikes again.
- Dilbert on Creativity
- For Managers: 10 things NOT to say in the new millennium workplace
social network stuff
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- advanced degrees in creativity and innovation change cracklings creative thinking creativity and innovation creativity general creativity in organizations creativity professional creativity research decisions FAQ's futures Here's how innovation inspiration new ideas personality_type questions selling ideas World Creativity and Innovation Week April 15 - 21
Tag Archives: Psychology
Are you or your managers looking for ways to engage people in the workplace? Do you want more creativity on the job day-to-day, are you seeking fresh ideas and new decisions? Businessweek ran a post that might interest you called … Continue reading
Creative inspiration is more likely to occur when people allow themselves to become vulnerable to the new ideas says Psychologist Dean Simonton, interviewed on CBC’s Ideas Program, the Idea of Genius. Creative ideas emerge when people can reduce their latent … Continue reading
United Way Toronto has a CITY Leader program which provides young adults with the practical knowledge and tools to become effective leaders, navigators and connectors in Toronto’s non-profit communities. Last weekend I helped them to get to know how to … Continue reading
When engaging your creativity deliberately there’s a general rule of thumb: It’s not about finding the right answer, it’s about exploring the unknown to arrive at new ones. The journey can be chaotic for sure, so here are a few … Continue reading