Hi, Marci Segal here. Welcome to my blog.
My purpose is to free people's thinking so they can create exciting new futures. I accomplish this through blogging, consulting, speaking and writing.
I'm a creativity professional, since 1984. My areas of expertise include creativity, innovation and psychological type with specific focus on people, methods, processes and environments that encourage openness to new ideas and new decisions.
I'm a graduate of the International Center for Studies in Creativity (MS in Creative Studies), have written books on creativity and personality type and have received numerous international awards.
In 2001, together with other Canadian creativity colleagues, I co-founded World Creativity and Innovation Week April 15 - 21 which is celebrated every year, now, in more than 40 countries. It's intention: To encourage and engage people all over the world to use their creativity to make the world a better place and to make their place in the world better too, without causing harm.
creativityland inc. is an innovation and creativity consulting and training company providing human dimensions of innovation and creative-thinking consulting services, training and products, methodology and related services, conference presentations and keynotes, as well as senior course designers, trainers, facilitators and consultants specializing in creative thinking and problem solving, innovation and personality styles.
Contact: marci at creativityland.net
Download our You are Creative...21st century thinking on creativity and innovation here.
- Why is creative imagination important?
- How so new ideas?
- 'Highly creative' professionals won't lose their jobs to robots, study finds
- How to make money from Facebook!
- How does your work advance civilization?
- Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award Call for Papers
- Is Conscientiousness Compatible with Creativity? | The Creativity Post
- Why no one gives new ideas when asked... Dilbert strikes again.
- Dilbert on Creativity
- For Managers: 10 things NOT to say in the new millennium workplace
social network stuff
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- advanced degrees in creativity and innovation change cracklings creative thinking creativity and innovation creativity general creativity in organizations creativity professional creativity research decisions FAQ's futures Here's how innovation inspiration new ideas personality_type questions selling ideas World Creativity and Innovation Week April 15 - 21
Category Archives: creativity research
Is Conscientiousness Compatible with Creativity? | The Creativity Post. Ever think that creativity is cheating? Read on.
Teresa Amabile from Harvard Business School is one of my favourite creativity researchers ever since her 1982 book, The Social Psychology of Creativity was published.She introduced the intrinsic theory of motivation for creativity – that creativity is supported more when … Continue reading
The more I work with leadership teams the more I see the influence intellectual hide and seek being played, and, I wonder what the fix is, or even if a fix is needed. Ronald Beghetto, a University of Oregon College … Continue reading
The aim of the study was to understand how teachers in Europe frame and conceptualize creativity and to collect information on the support they receive and need to foster students’ creativity. From the website: Teachers in Europe believe that creativity … Continue reading
Leading creativity researcher Mihalyi Cziksentmihalyi presents an explanation of how people feel when they are being creative. He talks about the flow experience – when no attention is given to anything but the task one is involved in. Satisfaction is … Continue reading
Are you a manager or leader for innovation? Pay heed. The world of working is changing in another brand new way. Dan Pink provides researched evidence that shows incentives demotivate rather than encourage new thinking. So, how might you engage … Continue reading